Metal detecting is an activity that is performed to search for all the different kinds of metals. It isn’t easy to assess which metal detector will work out to be the best for you.
This guide has been formulated to provide you with adequate information about the best metal detectors in the market today. These products have certain specific features, which makes them stand out from each other. The categories weigh on weight, size, ergonomics, ease of use, durability, reliability, price, customer reviews, warranty, weatherproofing, and waterproofing.
The best metal detectors are as follow:
Minelab CTX 3030
This metal detector is one of the highest performing metal detectors in the market today. It can find objects from every type of soil and is capable of mineralizing ground where gold is recollected or found.
The Minelab Machine comes with three pre-set modes and comes with the advanced functionality of being fully customizable for advanced detectorists. Moreover, it works in any terrain and even works well on the ocean or the wet sand.
The customer reviews for this product are quite positive, and they claim it to be a well-balanced, heavy product. If you are going to end up using this product for an extended period, then a harness is made available for easing the process of carrying it around and shedding the load off. The Minelab Metal Detector comes with a three-year limited warranty and comes with a GPS to track the materials. It is also one of the most authentic products for target identification in the market and can easily be programmed to meet your needs and expectations.
- GPS Tracking
- Fully Customizable
- Utmost accuracy in finding the different materials
- Heavy metal detector
- Is a little expensive
- Slow processor compared to the others
Garrett, ACE 400:
The Garrett Metal Detector cannot be used near any water body because the machine isn’t waterproof. Still, the machine is straightforward to use, and the detection process can be done within a few minutes only. It comes with a digital target ID that can help you identify your targets accurately and assess what kind of metal it is. The labels on the metal detector are labeled from 0-99, and they are matched with a list provided by Garrett that can be referenced and checked back to find out the metallic content of the target. It is an extremely versatile product that can be used in various terrains with ease and comfort.
Moreover, this metal detector includes an audio mode wherein you can quickly identify larger ferrous targets, and it comes with a two-year limited warranty.
- This metal detector is relatively easy to use
- You can easily transition or upgrade to another Garrett metal detector
- It comes with the iron audio feature similar to the AT Pro and AT max
- It can easily be upgraded via the proprietary wireless technology for easy use with wireless headphones
- It is not a waterproof metal detector
- It is not a useful product in finding small pieces of jewelry
- Headphones on it are quite basic
Garrett AT Pro
The Garrett Pro metal detector is unique and comes packed with various features that set it apart from its competitors. It is fully submersible up to 10 feet in the water and can be used on all terrains. It has over 40 discrimination settings for detecting the different types of ferrous metals such as iron. As per the feedback received, customers have been vouching to be one of the most versatile metal detectors available in the market. You get upgraded MS-2 headphones with it for excellent audio. The pro audio mode on the device lets the users hear the different properties of the target they have identified. One can listen to different tones dependent on how deep the object has been buried.
There is a digital target ID on the screen, which allows the users to identify and see what the metal detector is detecting. Most ferrous targets are 1 to 40, with the most conductive marks such as thick silver registering to almost 99. It also comes with an additional feature called Iron Audio, wherein with the simple press of the button, you can identify the target.
- Waterproof up to 10 feet
- It is extremely easy to use
- Can be easily upgraded via wireless technology to be used with wireless headphones
- Absence of a backlight
- Limited DepthDepth and less accuracy in saltwater
Minelab GPZ 700
This Minelab Metal Detector can find the smallest and tiniest of targets, which you might not be able to see with the other metal detectors. It comes with a Super D Smart Coil, which contains a central transmit winding and two outer receive windings, which decrease the overall interference from the magnetic or the mineralized soils. The detector is capable of finding the targets that are almost 40 percent deeper.
Moreover, this metal detector is one of the most expensive metal detectors in the market today and works as a pulse induction machine. It comes with a three-year limited warranty.
- It offers the most profound detection depth on the variety of gold
- It can easily be electronically updated through the website
- Provides a full range of coils for finds that are buried deep inside
- It is a heavyweight product
- Not waterproof
- Battery life dies over time
Garrett AT Max:
The AT Max comes with proprietary wireless technology and can be used on land or in freshwater. It is waterproof and can go as deep as 10 feet. This metal detector includes a high-resolution iron discrimination feature wherein you can filter all the excess junk out, such as different bottle caps. The AT MAX comes with varying search modes; all metal, custom, coins, and zero discrimination. The metal detector’s all-metal mode is used for providing the best level of DepthDepth and sensitivity, and another great thing about this metal detector is that it comes providing a battery life of almost 15 to 20 hours. Also, it comes providing a two-year limited warranty.
- The headphones that come with this metal detector are wireless
- It works in a real all-metal mode
- You can easily pair your headphones with the Z-Lynk pinpointer for upgrading it easily
- The performance is lacking compared to other machines when used in saltwater
- It can be chattery and provides a learning curve
- It is always in need of constant ground balancing.
Nokta Makro AU Gold Finder:
The Gold Finder is used for detecting the various gold nuggets in any terrain and can be used on multiple levels of DepthDepth. The metal detector comes with different settings, and the users can set the sensor to the fast mode for hunting gold in the fields. This activity can be performed in areas of high mineralization or vast quantities of conductive rocks as well. Moreover, this mode improves target identification and offers recovery speeds in rooms filled with trash and extremely dirty.
The resonant mode on this metal detector provides the user with a two-tone discrimination setting designed for goldfields with lesser mineralization levels of magnetic rocks. The metal detector can deliver an in DepthDepth and fantastic performance, wherein it can pinpoint large and smaller gold nuggets. Moreover, the product comes with a two-year limited warranty.
- Works quite effectively on tiny small gold nuggets
- Offers the best of mineralization handling for VLF
- Offers iron discrimination and deep all-metal mode for ensuring maximum Depth.
- No target ID numbers; it only provides the iron reject and gold chance meter.
- Dedicated gold detector and cannot be used for any other purpose
- No fixed setting
Fisher F 22
The F22 metal detector is easy to use turn on and go metal detector that comes with various speed settings. It has super-fast retuning speed and provides excellent target separation with easy to use discrimination, sensitivity, notch, and pinpoint features. You can quickly identify all the buried materials with the 9-segment target categories.
Moreover, it includes a 0-99 numeric target ID enhanced with a 4-tone Audo-ID system. Fisher’s metal detector is preferred for the kind of versatility, DepthDepth, and cutting edge technology it offers and makes them extremely easy to use and serve as a great technological innovation.
- This metal detector is weatherproof
- It comes with an Iron Audio technology
- It makes for faster recovery and processing speed
- It includes the digital target ID for easy identification
- The product is extremely easy to use
- It comes with a five-year warranty
- It doesn’t come with any adjustable ground balance for the detection
Minelab Equinox 800
This metal detector can easily be used on every type of ground and is the most effective for coins, relics, and gold. The metal detector includes eight custom search profiles and is completely submersible up to 10 feet. The product is lightweight and can withstand any environment, including saltwater. The LCD screen on the metal detector shows target numbers that allow the users to know and identify your target ID with a simple glance.
The metal detector from Minelab comes with real simultaneous frequency technology that is revolutionary and is changing the whole dynamics of metal detection. It has the fastest recovery or collection speed and target separation features that are better than any other machine available in the market today. Moreover, it has gained a lot of popularity amongst the audiences wherein the supply is falling short.
- It offers one of the fastest recovery speeds and target separations for areas with trash
- It comes with multi IQ technology that is revolutionary
- It is a lightweight and easy to use a metal detector
- It does not include an instructions manual
- The charging block is to be purchased separately
- It has a learning curve that you have to get used to and takes time
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
It has been one of the best underwater metal detectors in the market for more than 25 years. It can ignore the highest levels of trash, including foil, etc., and does not end up degrading the sensitivity of the rings and coins. This particular metal detector includes underwater headphones and electric housing that can easily be mounted in different locations. Moreover, the sensor cancels all the salt and ground mineralization with the help of pulse induction circuitry. The Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II provides a 1-year limited warranty.
- It is an affordable pulse induction machine that is one of the least expensive ones available in the market today
- It is waterproof for up to 200 feet
- Comes with non-motion deep-seeking mode for diving
- The discrete elimination mode on the device is not quite as advanced as other machines
- This metal detector machine is a little heavy
- There is no coil cover for the 8-inch coil
Teknetics 12 Classic
The Teknetics metal detector comes at a great price and works as a powerful metal detector. It provides a large LCD screen for identifying and viewing the targets. The product comes with an expanded iron range and can be used for basic gold prospecting as well.
- Easy to use
- Large LCD Screen
- There is no backlight on this metal detector
- DD coils only
- Does not save the settings when turned off