PRINT X PRO REVIEW – INTRODUCTION
Qidi Tech is quite a popular manufacturer from the country of China. Ever since its conception, the company has been engaged in manufacturing and producing 3D printers that are affordable and useful.
As a company, the Qidi Tech Printer comes providing surprising elements along with its 3D printers. The Qidi Print X pro is a budget machine that aims to help beginners and educators bring the best out and give the most impeccable results to its users. This machine is not the most advanced in the market but has tons of amazing features, making it stand out. It comes with a proprietary slicing software that makes the operations much easier for beginners and learners.
It also provides the features of being one of the simplest machines in terms of its set up and comes packed with functionalities. With the use of limited materials, it serves in the best possible way.
FEATURES OF THE PRINT X PRO
Most individuals like to explore the different benefits of the revolutionary technology that adds to the overall functionality. Qidi Tech, as a company, uses simple ways to make technology work.
- Enclosed Print Space: Those who have worked with 3D printers before knowing the addition this feature brings. It is a very reasonable feature for working at home or trying to create unique models. An enclosed print space helps to maintain a certain level of temperature for cooling at the same rate. It helps in increasing the print quality of the objects and saves users tons of time.
- Dual Extruder: This printer comes at quite an affordable rate, and it isn’t easy to find dual extruders at such a price. The Print X Pro comes with a dual extruder using the dual nozzle system. This is great for beginners and those using the machine to teach people. It makes use of a direct drive extrusion system to insert the filament into the print head.
- Consistent Cooling: This 3D printer contains an air blow turbofan that makes for proper and consistent cooling. It makes sure that the cooling takes place from all sides. The fan doesn’t come attached to the printer, and you have to mount the fan when setting up the printer. The instructions help you through the entire process.
- Manual Bed Leveling: the Print X Pro provides manual bed leveling. Users should follow the steps carefully to level the bed before starting to print.
- Removable Print Plate: Those who are used to working with 3D printers face tons of difficulties with taking the completed models out of the machine. With Print X pro, there isn’t a problem. The machine comes with a 6mm aviation-grade aluminum bed and also a removable magnetic build plate. The magnets have high strength levels to hold the print bed in one place throughout the printing process, and you need to apply a certain level of force to take the build plate out. You can bend the plate in and out to pop out the printed object without any inconvenience.
- Limited but multiple filament support: this printer does support PLA, ABS, and PETG, which is perfect for beginners and educators. The machine serves its purpose of helping learners and beginners experience different things when working with different filaments.
- Compact Look: If you find it difficult to bring a machine that will occupy more space, you should buy the Print X pro. It is a compact printer and gets placed at your work desk or any corner of the house, as you desire. It offers great levels of relief to the users.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE PRINT X PRO
The machine is not too heavy and is compact as well. It comes with a decent build space and lets beginners experiment a bit with their imagination instead of restricting creativity. The machine comes with a build size of 230 x 150 x 150 mm and comes with a fully enclosed chamber, which offers to see through walls and helps users peep through it when the printing is in progress.
The maximum extruder temperature is about 250 degrees Celsius, and hence, the printer does not support many materials that come with high melting points, such as Nylon. It has a dual extruder that is capable of printing two colors at the same time.
It comes with an aluminum frame that offers strength and sturdiness to the entire machine and helps produce great quality models. Moreover, it has an assisted manual bed leveling, which makes it easy to carry without any expertise.
To help the users get the controls overboard, it comes featuring a wide LCD colorful touchscreen, and this Print X pro also offers print recovery. So if you are printing and the power goes off, you can continue from where it had stopped printing. This means that you can save your prints from getting spoilt in the middle, and you can also print with third party filaments.
The print speed offered by the Print X pro is up to 100 mm/second, which is actually quite fast. You can get to layer resolution between 100 to 500 microns, which is great work from this budget machine. You can also connect through Wi-Fi and along with an SD card, USB, and Ethernet.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF THIS PRINT X PRO
This is a budget 3D printer and comes with great packaging. The company has included almost everything you need to print the first model. The 3D printer comes fully assembled, and the packaging is highly secure.
Apart from the printer, you get 2 extruders, 2 filament spool, 2 filament spool holders, 2 guide tubes, screws and kits in the tool bag, a power cord, a USB drive containing the test models, software and manual for operating the 3D printer and 2 PC types of glue as well.
Qidi Tech provides 3D printers that are quite easy to setup. They are easy, and you get to learn a lot from them. The assisted bed leveling is simple and pretty straightforward. You have to follow the steps carefully and get your work done.
Before you set that up, including the parts inside such as the extruders, the filament, the spool, print bed, etc. The entire process doesn’t take more than an hour, even for beginners. Also, you will get all the tools that you need to get started.
PRINTING TYPE AND COST
The 3D printer works on FDM technology. In FDM printers, the filament is heated to melt and deposit on the print bed, one layer at a time. Once the layer becomes solid, another layer is deposited on top of it. The process will keep continuing until the entire model is curated. This is definitely one of the cheapest 3D printing technologies available, and the printing cost is also minimal.
The cost completely depends upon the choice of the filament, model complexity, and the amount of filament that is required. The PLA will be a cheaper option than ABS, and you can decide how to keep your costs to the minimum.
The print quality is above average, and some of the reviews from customers reveal that the proprietary slicer isn’t that great. The 3D printer is compatible with simplify3D as well as Cura.
The 3D printer uses its own slicer software, and if you want to choose other options, you can choose between Cura and Simplify 3D, which seem to be better.
The customer service helps keep in touch with customers all the time. It comes with a dedicated team of professionals who handle all queries and problems from individuals worldwide. One can expect to get answers from them within 12 hours.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING THE 3D PRINTER
- 3D printer cost: the 3D printer is quite affordable and is a complete value for money product.
- Print quality: the print quality of this printer is above average, and it prints with details and accuracy
- Print speed: the print speed is decent, and with up to 100mm/seconds of speed, you can accomplish tasks within less time
- Printer capability: you can create end products from your homes and learning use
- Printer practicality: the 3D printer is extremely reliable, and you can use it to do serious jobs as well
- Printer user expectations: at such an affordable price, this 3D printer offers a dual extruder with Wi-Fi connectivity, which comes to great use
ADVANTAGES OF THE PRINT X PRO PRINTER
- Great design and solid construction: the quality and solid aluminum construction make this printer different from all the others. The strong build of this device provides tons of stability and ultimately improves the quality of the print.
- Semi-assembled: Another great this about this device is that it comes semi-assembled to your doorstep. Users can start printing within a couple of hours of opening the package.
- Enclosed build space: the enclosed build space of this device provides tons of control over the temperature. The door magnetically seals to the machine, making it easy to open and close the door. The turbofans of the printer make sure that it is highly efficient and offers to cool.
- Removable build platform: This is a unique feature of this printer. It makes the removal of printed models much easier. The printing plate is quite flexible and allows the user to bend it so that the printing model can get removed easily. Also, the model sticks to the platform quite well without the use of any glue.
- Breakpoint Printing: this is a great benefit of this 3D printer. If you face any power outages, the effort doesn’t get wasted, and you can continue the printing process from where it stopped.
- Easy handling: the Print X pro comes with a large and colored 4.3-inch touchscreen display. The large display makes it easier to operate and adjust the printers with ease.
DISADVANTAGES OF THE PRINT X PRO PRINTER
- Basic Filament options: Because the extruders are not made with metal, the Print X pro limits the device’s highest temperature and restricts the choice of filaments to ABS and PLA only.
- Manual bed leveling: Manual leveling is a tiring and cumbersome job. Most of the 3D printing machines come with automated bed leveling features, but the Print X pro does not come with these elements. Instead, you have to level the bed every time it becomes unaligned manually.
The Print X Pro is a strong and precise 3D printer that provides the best of features. It showcases modern features of Wi-Fi connectivity and a touch screen. Hence, this printer is a robust and strong product that offers great services to beginners.